Services and Extensions
At the heart of Microware OS-9 lies a collection of kernel services, extensions, and industry standard APIs, which support virtually any class of peripheral for embedded systems:
- Serial/Parallel I/O
- USB 1.1/2.0
- microSD Flash
- Disk Storage I/O (SATA, SCSI, IDE)
- PCMCIA I/O, PCI I/O, PCI Express, PCIX, compact PCI
- SLIP and PPP client support
- NFS Server and Client
- Sample drivers and framework
- Finished ported boot images for reference platform(s)
Customizable Exception Handling Framework
- Isolates, contains, and cleans up after offending software
- Customizable exception handling to extensively log, report and/or perform automated recovery exception conditions
Menu system that automates operating system boot build for supported reference platforms:
- GUI based configuration and build of system images
- Point-and-click control for networking, TCP/IP configuration, graphics and debugging
- Automatic creation of software images for target system
TECH-CHECK Diagnostic Platform
- Unique tool for online customer support in real-time
- Capture/send target and host system information report to customer support
Microware OS-9 Options
OS-9 add-on modules extend functionality for embedded development and run-time environments.
- HawkEye - A GUI based software analyzer to visualize the operation of an OS-9 system and application modules.
- XiBaseGUI - Graphics tool to enable the creation of displays, user interfaces and touch screens.
- IPsec - Soft-crypto authentication and encryption protocol package for securing IP communications.
- EtherCAT - Real-time, high peformance Ethernet-based fieldbus system.
- CANbus - Control-area network for industrial and automotive systems.
- Modbus - Serial communications bus for industrial control and automation.
- Reliance File System - Data file protection for mission-critical embedded systems.
- TrueFFS - Wear-leveling Flash file system for embedded systems.
- RTS Hypervisor - Real-time hypervisor enabling simultaneous instances of real-time and general purpose operating systems on multi-core platforms.
Microware OS-9 offers out-of-the-box support for a broad array of processors and architectures:
- SuperH (SH-3, SH-4, SH-4A)